Being healthy and feeling goodcould not be more important, especially in these moments. For many of us, we have to be well because our homes, our jobs, and our families count on us. As pressure mounts to avoid getting sick and to implement new practices to stay healthy, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.
Eat Healthy, Be Healthy
So much of how we feel and how our body reacts to our environment can be impacted by what we consume. When we nourish our bodies properly, they can function optimally. So it’s very important to consume healthy, nutritious food and beverages. A few intentional, subtle choices can boost your immune system and encourage overall better health.
- Consume foods that are high in vitamin C. Vitamin C helps rid your body of free radicals and supports the body’s natural immunity. Many fresh fruits and vegetables naturally contain high amounts of vitamin C, such as:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red Peppers
You can incorporate one, or many, of these nutritious foods by consuming them individually as a snack, by cooking with them (such as a stir fry or salad), or by making a nutrient-dense smoothie. Actively consuming fruits and vegetables packed with vitamin C will support a healthy immune system.
- Try a low-fat, plant-centered diet. Consuming vegetables, grains, and legumes while limiting the intake of fatty, processed foods can drastically increase your immune system. Diets rich in plants and lower in fat tend to result in an increased white blood cell count, and the body relies on white blood cells to fight off bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens.
- Consume more water. Limit the intake of alcohol and sugary beverages like soda, and quench your body with nature’s purest beverage. A well-hydrated body is important, as it can impact everything from how we feel to how we sleep.
- Take wellness supplements. There are numerous multivitamins and other wellness products you can purchase in stores or online that may aid in boosting your immune system. Supplements containing vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene, and other antioxidants can provide your body with an additional, beneficial boost.
Engage in Healthy Behavior
Our overall health and wellness is a result of everything we do. How we eat, how we sleep, if we exercise — these are all small pieces of the big picture of our well-being. Making intentionally healthy choices can improve our overall health and boost our immune systems.
- Exercise regularly. Engaging in exercise on a regular basis is not just good for your waistline. In fact, you provide your body with numerous benefits by incorporating exercise into your routine. Increasing your physical activity can:
- Sleep well. A restful night’s sleep can work wonders on the body. As we sleep, our bodies recharge, attempt to heal, and can be restored. Inadequate sleep can be linked to reduced immune functions. To encourage a more restful night’s sleep on a consistent basis, it helps to:
- Put your electronics away at least an hour before bed.
- Eliminate all caffeine after 1pm each day.
- Add an all-natural wellness product containing melatonin into your nighttime routine.
… And CBD?
Keeping ourselves and our families healthy is a top priority, so when we rise each day, it is important that we feel our absolutely best — mind and body.
Hemp-derived CBD exploded in popularity after the Farm Bill of 2018 was passed, making all hemp-derived CBD products containing .3% THC or less legal to purchase and consume. Because all CBD extracted from hemp contains such trace amounts of THC, consumers were immediately drawn to it, as they could experience numerous head-to-toe benefits without the psychoactive side effects associated with increased amounts of THC.
CBD is restoring balance to the lives of many, and it can help boost your overall wellness as you work to increase your health and immune system.